Sidewalk

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/
A sidewalk (also pavement, footway, and sometimes platform) is a path along the side of a road. A sidewalk may accommodate moderate changes in grade (height) and is normally separated from the vehicular section by a curb (British spelling: kerb), there may also be a strip of vegetation, grass or bushes or trees or a combination of these between the pedestrian section and the vehicular section (known as a parkway/tree lawn in the United States).

In some places, the same term may also be used for a paved path, trail or footpath that is not next to a road, for example, a path through a park.

Labsy dropped by his office earlier this evening to leave some documents. While his at it, I dropped by Lots for Less to buy a Php 10.00 worth of peanuts. Which was situated right next to its gate, along the sidewalk. Labsy's office building, is right next to this Lots for Less store. So, after buying the peanuts, I walked along the sidewalk towards Labsy's office. This sidewalk by the way was partly made as a parking space to those Lots for Less patrons. So while walking, in a very not-in-a-hurry manner, coz basically I wasn't. Suddenly, a car, with a crazy driver, with beaming lights, went out of nowhere. And somehow decided to pressed his horn so hard that I somehow jumped (literally) to my surprise that there were blinding lights from a car that was about to hit me. Well, it did not, it stopped right next to me, but his horn was irritating. Seemed to me like he was irritated that I was passing and walking along the sideWALK!

I believed that the sidewalk was supposed to be for those "walking", so if a car intends to use it, the driver should somehow wait for the walking pedestrians or at least let them know that you want to use the space, but don't give them a very deafening sound! Respect please... I looked at the driver but never bothered to confront him, but before going home, Labsy and I passed by the car and I did not miss the chance of taking the picture of the car through my phone to post here... :D

When we have something another person doesn't have, or we thought the other doesn't have, we do not have in any way have any right to step on them because they seem to be ordinary. No one is ordinary. I am not. Definitely!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2013: Laoag - Pagudpud - Vigan - Sagada - Banaue Escapade in 1 (one)Week

Tarp designs...

My First Dive (Samal Island)