Can someone really change?

I'm a believer that everyone can change. I personally believed that I have. I've developed a better me, I think. Growing up, I have things I can never forget. I wasn't "born with a silver spoon in the mouth" as a quote would say. My family was one of those who suffered and tried to conquer poverty, who crawled for success. We're not really very successful on all endeavors, but we have managed to raise up in every fall and fly higher in every flight.

I have a very vivid scene in mind that made me strive more to grow up, finish school and earn more than a person who stepped on my family, earned. It was a scene when I was about 12 years old. My Papo requested something to someone close and that someone turned him down. It wasn't bad to turn him down, I know everyone has priorities and own needs. But what made me hate that person for a long time was that, that person did not believed our family needed help. That person be little us, made stories and continued to hurt us in more ways than one.

From that moment on, I've decided to hate the guts out of that person and told myself that whatever happens, I'll never asked for her help nor help her in any way.

Years later, things changed. She changed, or so I thought. We begin to regain back the seemed broken connection. I wasn't always there when she would request my assistance, but I don't mind assisting if I have the time. I also asked for her help one time, about two years ago, for something I needed. And so I thought, things are different these days. I thought things are better.

But tonight, I saw a comment she made to someone that made me remember that sad scene years ago. Now I'm thinking, had she really changed, or that's what I tried to tell myself all this time. I've always believed on second chances, but maybe I shouldn't. She only sees what she wants to see. She only believes all she saw, and not thoroughly think of what is really behind what she thought she saw.

I have once written about a facade (http://donandji.blogspot.com/2011/01/facade.html), and this one isn't a facade. This is the true self of that rude person that I refused to see. That all these years remained in the soul of that mean individual I've hated in my childhood.

I have learned to forgive, and maybe I kept that scene hidden from my memory for a long while. I believed that we all develop to be the better us. But now I changed that belief. Not everyone change, I guess we really don't. There's this just mini enhancements in us that became acceptable to the public, yet still unbearable to some.

I'm not a good person, I even think I'm one of the bad ones. But I guess at some point, I'm bearable, acceptable and perhaps lovable enough to gain friends, a husband and a family to stick with...

To that mean person... I don't think I should mind her... We'll just have to live our lives with happy moments to get by, separately... and I'll just wish her happiness to fill her life with hope and peace of mind, I believed she needs that... :)

Comments

  1. Wow, I deeply felt your side. I remember with my own experienced too. It was so tough when you have nothing to lean on or to turn in the most difficult times. It hurt the most when those persons close to us. I crushed to the ground and crawled until I can stand with my own two feet, but I still can't forget those days. It became my driving force to strive more and believed in yourself and to the Divine guidance. I learned to never mind the broken glass than a broken spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one... "never mind the broken glass than a broken spirit"... i'll take note of that... :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2013: Laoag - Pagudpud - Vigan - Sagada - Banaue Escapade in 1 (one)Week

Tarp designs...

My First Dive (Samal Island)