Child's Love...

Last night, Labsy and I was busy trying to sand some furnitures at home. After this pre-painting activity, we rested and watched tv, just in time for ABS-CBN's XXX. Their featured story, made my heart hurt and mind wondering...

It was a story of an old mother, caged during some times in a day and when they (daughter and son-in-law) take her out, a little more than a child's comfort was in order. The video's audio was clear enough we can hear the old lady saying "aray" ("ouch") on every hit from her own cane or a spank from the back of her neck/head.

The scene saddened us and made me think of my parents... I prayed in silence and said "Lord, let me live long enough to keep away any harmful person that would or even try to do that to my parents and keep me sane to not do that myself"...

I asked myself how could a child do that to her mother? Maybe she was a bad mom? When the daughter was interviewed, she said, they caged her during the day especially in the morning to keep her from roaming around the neighborhood and away from harm/accident, which happened twice already. Regarding the hitting, she said at times the old lady is too annoying for them. Then she was asked if she still loved her mother, she said "Oo naman, di naman kami makakatapos ng pag-aaral kung di dahil sa kanya" ("Of course, we wouldn't be able to finish school if it weren't for her"). Labsy dropped his jaw after hearing this and asked, where are her siblings, maybe they can help her with their mother? That question was not asked, or at least not shown on tv if it was.

It breaks my heart that after all the mother's care, love and strive to fulfill her responsibility, this is what she get at her twilight years, which I certainly would not wish for anyone...

Let us love life and love the people who gave it to us... :)

"Love you Mamo and Papo... :D "


A poem I've read one time to keep us inspired to love : A Parents Love (http://www.luvscreations.com/poems/love/parentsluv.htm)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013: Laoag - Pagudpud - Vigan - Sagada - Banaue Escapade in 1 (one)Week

Tarp designs...

My First Dive (Samal Island)