Friendship: Never goes out of Style...

 Me and Labsy are doing a little renovating at home, so there were things thrown and things discovered back. A few evenings ago, I was arranging some things and saw this old post card. There's a note at the back and it just made me smile... It came from a friend in college while he was taking a vacation in Australia on a summer some time ago.

We have been friends for a long time now and we both treasure this friendship along with the rest of the members of the group. After college, we all went on separate ways. But still kept each other close enough to get in touch once in a while. We even have this funny sort-of-unsealed-pact that we would all get married on the same church but the reception venues should be different. And so far, we, six of us did get married on the same church, with six (6) different reception venues. Well, except Ferdie, since he isn't married yet and Dean, since she got married in the US.

Not all of us stayed in Davao, even the sender of this post card did not. But we tried to meet up every time they come home. Glinn, Dean, Ferdie and hopefully Janeth and April when they live in the US too. Jay, me and Patrick will be staying in Davao, well, at least that's true to date. :D

As I read Glinn's note at the back of this post card, a lot of things just came back, like a chip was plugged in and then a series of images and bits appeared right in front of me. Then I remembered Chuck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_(TV_series)) when he uploaded all the data on his brain, very overwhelming. Then I began to be sentimental, to the new generation, they'd call it, "emo", as memories started to flash, sending signals to my brains creating this weird unexplainable gust of emotion. I missed the gang, I missed all the crazy things we do for and to each other (It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now... *singing). But then suddenly I felt numbed, my heart stopped, skipped a beat I guess, when I read the last sentence of the note, "Ji, sulat ka naman oh...". I started recalling and asked myself, did I write? I couldn't remember....! lol...

Some things never change as they say and I guess, this feeling for these people won't... I really hope there isn't anything that will make this friendship at a lost. We may never see, nag, hug and call each other names as often as before, but I know, we're still here for each other... Life goes on, and so far, everyone seemed to be where they want to be, and I am happy for all of us...  Thanks to technology, everyone seemed to get in touch with everyone anytime...

Things may wear, people may go, fashion may change, but friendship, never goes out of style... that I know! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013: Laoag - Pagudpud - Vigan - Sagada - Banaue Escapade in 1 (one)Week

Tarp designs...

My First Dive (Samal Island)