GMRC...

GMRC - Good manners and right conduct!

So easy to say, not that easy to do. Some even don't actually know what that is. A few weeks back, it was more than just a realization. With all the social networking sites available right at the tip of our fingertips, literally I might add, I noticed it doesn't just open up a new horizon and means for socialization, it also made us see another persons personality.

To some, these sites have become another form of addiction. They're online 24/7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). If you're one of those who are, at some point, stays longer online than hanging out with real people, you might be interested on this link,
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/managing-your-social-network-addiction.html.


I am definitely not perfect. But each day I believe, we all try to be the best person we could, or not really, maybe at least try NOT TO BE the worst person we could, though sometimes we ended up being one. And sometimes, we rarely notice the difference. LOL...

A real life experience made me re-think of confirming some friend requests in one of my social network accounts. Although I've been doing that already, more often than not. Recently, I normally don't just click the confirm button without checking out if I really know the person requesting. Unfortunately, the people I don't know much isn't giving me a problem, it's the people closer, you even call them family or friend.

After an eventful week, I ended blocking someone in one of my social networking account. It's never a good feeling to block someone. The main purpose of these social networking sites is to socialize and blocking one is way far from socializing. I hate it, but as they say, we got to do, what we got to do.

So how does this relate to GMRC? In wherever we are, physically, emotionally or virtually, I believed we have to carry these four (4) words with us. Displaying otherwise, that makes us blocked, physically, emotionally and virtually as well.

Before I get into more details on what transpired on my personal experience, let me share something I saw over the cyberspace, the ten things you shouldn't do on facebook, here's the link for the first one and click next for the succeeding... http://techland.time.com/1-post-about-how-much-you-hate-your-job/


Here's the summary if you'd rather have this...

TEN THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO ON FACEBOOK

1. Post About How Much You Hate Your Job
2. Show That You Support Underage Drinking Through Your Pictures
3. Post Evidence That You Cheated On Your Significant Other
4. Update Your Status While Robbing A House
5. Ask For Help So You Can Plagiarize
6. Post Naked Pictures of Your Ex
7. Extort People Through Facebook
8. Admit You Aren't Going To Be Home For While
9. Brag About All Your New, Expensive Items
10. Admit To A Crime On Facebook

Well, these are the top 10. But I'm not so sure if what happened to me belonged to one of these. It was a post that did not just made me sad, furious but ashamed as well. A person I considered family, posted something rude, malicious, damaging and too foul to another dear one. It pains me to blocked this person and unconsidered to be family, but I'd rather NOT have that person in the family, than let the whole family suffer the person's unfathomably indescribable good forsaken attitude. Well, speaking to-date that is. Things could change and doors aren't totally close, or should I say, it's just partially open. ;)

I began to think and re think what really transpired between the two, but however worse could have been, the posted words goes beyond disrespectful and ill mannered. I couldn't believe what I saw, the moment I read it. I could swear I'd like to punch that person in the face, but I know I can't and won't do that. Next thing that came to me was to file a case against the person for virtual abuse or something. Well, that's me. But for the love of those more concerned, I settled myself, kept my temper and prolonged my patience.

Besides the obvious not-so-good that happened, I still managed to see a little good after all of these things. These social networking sites brought another avenue for us to learn and unlearn something about the people around us. Although some would blame the networking sites. But me, no. These sites are merely tools we may use, it has it's bad effect but it also has good effect on human society. But as users, we have to take responsibility. It's just like in a murder case, you don't blame the gun, it's the one who pulled the trigger. At least that's what I believe...

After everything, the best part is, I realized. I now know, that there's more to it than just a smile on the face, a company to share and a family tie to connect... A little black/evil bit-point in between every wireless activity lies beneath the surface that continues to poke, kick and destroy the link, bridge and bond between good friends and family, and route it to a disconnected, blocked and removed relationship. It short, it sucks! But life goes on...

Sadly, a few words, a little post, and an internet connection is enough to look surpass all the good things and happenings that has been and force the breaking of all possible in-depth stacked, emotionally wired and infinitely happy relationship.

So let's keep in mind, that when we got privileged, it doesn't mean we got rights too... And even if we are allowed to post ANYTHING, doesn't mean, EVERYTHING is acceptable...



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2013: Laoag - Pagudpud - Vigan - Sagada - Banaue Escapade in 1 (one)Week

Tarp designs...

My First Dive (Samal Island)