Where's my Tidy? No more...

"Where's my Tidy?"...

That's his pillow and bed if he sleeps alone
That's the line that I always use to start playing with my big dog "Tidy". Saying that while I cover my face with both hands. In his response, he'll lick my hands so I'll uncover my face, but if I insist in covering it still, he'll use his head, goes under my hands and separate them revealing my face in the process. He's one bright dog. He's also an "emo" dog, sensitive. When I get home from wherever, he should be the first one I'd greet before the other dogs, if not, he will ignore me for hours until I've convinced him I'm sorry and would love to play with him more.

He came to us way back around 2nd quarter of 2003. He was so cute and very playful. Me and bros would sleep in the "sala" (living room) so we can sleep with them (him and pudy). They would start to sleep near our legs and we'd wake up having them under our chin or on top of our tummy.

Resting under the dining table
Tidy was a little sickly when he was younger. He would chill in the evening, too inactive and wouldn't eat much during the day. I would wrap him with cloth or a towel and cuddle him while he sleeps. I could hear him somewhat havin' a dream or a nightmare. But on days that he's okay, he'd even grab the food that's already on Pudy's mouth. :))

My scariest time was when he got "parvovirus", a certain disease that could have killed him. It was a Sunday when I couldn't take it anymore, watching him crawl and vomit, so I went to Vetmix, it was the only clinic that was open on a Sunday. They kept him on a dextrose for three (3) days, and then he went home very alive and super active.

Resting after playing...
After that incident, I would take him to the Vet for his vaccines every week for 5 weeks. Sometimes, I'll leave him at the clinic for a few hours and pick him up later in the afternoon. The vet told me that he would stay on the doorstep and wait for my arrival almost the whole time.

He also underwent an operation on his left ear. He was already a grown dog then, we were reconstructing the back part of our house, and he was situated near it and his ear swelled. I took him to the clinic, they gave him something so he'd sleep and the Vet can start operating his ear. His left ear never went back to it's original shape, but he's fine and it didn't hurt anymore.

Tidy is "matampuhin". I remember when he was younger, I'd carry him and will try to get his attention and he would take his face away from me to show that he's "nagtatampo", and I'll have to continue saying "where's my tidy?" until he feels like playing with me again.

No chain is big or heavy enough for my Tidy. We've had the biggest chain we could find and he'd still manage to get out of it or tag it along with him as he walks along our backyard or on the roof. :)

Tidy and Pudy as part of the family
He grew up to be a loving dog. He became too big to keep inside the house, so we kept him outside and chained so visitors won't be too scared while within our property. Later when he seems to be getting into trouble too often and I've been most of the time away from home, we made a metal cage ("kulungan") for Tidy, so we can keep him safe from himself and to the people. Sometimes, mom and the rest of the people at home needed to wait for me to chain him because most of the time, he won't let them catch him. But when he sees me or hears me calling him, he'd run into my arms right away, starts playing with and gets me dirty in the process.

Tidy was also my "confidant". As I am not as close geographically with some friends anymore, he became the first living thing that I talk to whenever I get sad or nervous. Well, he's perfect for the job, he only listened, never talked back, didn't judge and definitely wouldn't tell anyone. He would just lean and offer himself for a hug, comforting me like he understood my sadness. Then a lick in the face was enough to keep me on my feet laughing... That I'll miss...

A few weeks back, I noticed his not moving well and saw one of his leg swelling. I moved him out of his cage and kept him near our doorstep so I could monitor him. He became well after a couple of days and started to walk and run again, although he couldn't jump anymore, he couldn't stand in just two legs. I thought he's maybe too old to do the jumping thing. But I was happy that he's well. I did not take him back to his cage so I could spend more time with my Tidy and I did. Although we couldn't do our up and jump thing, but at least I was able to pet him often.

Our Lookout...
Yesterday, (May 19, 2013), I was supposed to go with mom and others to take an early morning walk at People's Park but did not push through with it. After taking breakfast, I went out to give some food to the dogs. I wanted to transfer "Tidy" to another location, near to our other door. He seemed okay but looked very ill. He managed to stand though, but when we reached the location, he just lied down and stopped moving. I noticed he's urinated and he did not bother, then he let out three last grasp of air and then stopped. Everything stopped.

I knew he just died, but I was still in denial and was still calling his name. There was no response and he wasn't breathing anymore. I called Labsy and told him Tidy is dead. I was already crying.

Before we took him to his final resting place, I gave him his last bath. And I was still calling his name, wishing he'd respond and wag his tail for me. But there was nothing.

Play time!
I went to Mom and told her the bad news. My nephew Kevin (3) saw me crying, hugged me right away and told me not to cry anymore. My niece Yumi (5) told me it's okay, that Tidy will come back again as a puppy. She even explained how. She also lead us (me & Kevin) in a prayer to Mother Mary and Jesus somewhat asking for things to be okay.

 I, Papo, Mamo, my bro Dodoy, my niece Yumi and nephew Kevin all went to bury Tidy. I picked a strand of orchids to leave with Tidy as we bid goodbye...

Where's my Tidy? Tidy no more... I miss you my Tidykoy... You'll forever be my Tidykoy...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013: Laoag - Pagudpud - Vigan - Sagada - Banaue Escapade in 1 (one)Week

Tarp designs...

My First Dive (Samal Island)